A program of the Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance, the DBSA Peer Leadership Center is an easily accessible, impartial, and central location where peer specialists and peer supporters can find the information and training they want, connect with others working in the field, learn about employment opportunities and organizations that champion peer support services, and engage in dialogue to strengthen the peer workforce.
The Center is a virtual place to come together to share perspective and ideas, take advantage of resources, continue learning, view employment opportunities specifically for peers, and participate in surveys—all designed to strengthen the role and quality of the peer voice and workforce in the mental health system. Beyond the opportunities for individuals, the Center provides a platform for the peer workforce and organizations that support peers to advance a collective voice within the industry.
Ways to Connect
Certified peer specialist and peer supporter members have the option to:
- Continue learning about the evolving mental health field and the important role of peers within it through online learning opportunities.
- Search for peers to network with by location, certification, Veteran status, or by using other fields.
- Private message each other with questions or for mentoring, support, or collaboration.
- Participate in discussion boards to learn best practices and to provide your voice and perspective.
- View employment opportunities for peers on the job board.
Sign up for a free membership today!
Non-profit organizations, community centers, managed care companies, government entities, training organizations, educators, professional associations, and other organizations are increasingly integrating peers into their workforce. Organizations that employ, reimburse, train, and support peers can sign up for an organizational membership to share resources and job opportunities.
Take advantage of a standard, free membership to:
- Gain visibility and increase awareness among peers and the peer workforce with your listing on the website Resource Directory.
- Share events, conferences, workshops, and training dates on the website event calendar.
- Post job listings for peers.
- Give peers access to search for organizations like yours based on location, type, and peer specialist employment.
Paid Premium Membership
Take advantage of preferred, premium placement at the top of the directory, and include your logo and organization description all for $120 per year.
Thank You, Humana!
The creation of the DBSA Peer Leadership Center was supported through the generous support of the Humana Foundation.
“DBSA was built upon the strong foundation of peer support, and it’s been our honor to take an active role in the training and promotion of peer specialists in mental health and addiction services. With the Humana Foundation’s support, DBSA is now able to help shape, sustain, and grow the field, which will improve health care outcomes, reduce health care costs, and provide employment opportunities for people with lived experience of mental health conditions.”
—DBSA President, Allen Doederlein